you're reading...
Photos, What's Happening Now

Encased Murrini European Charm Big Hole Beads

What could be trickier than encasing tiny murrini chips in a large round bead? Encasing tiny murrini chips in a much smaller charm bead!

Let me tell ya! I thought making regular sized, round encased murrini beads was tough…I had another thing coming trying to squeeze as many murrini chips as possible into a much smaller charm bead.

The large hole means much less ‘volume of glass’ can be applied to the surface since they’re meant to be small and worn on a charm bead bracelet (such as Pandora, Troll, Biagi, etc.)

I do love a good challenge – but I don’t think I breathe at all when I make one of these beads, LOL πŸ˜€

Besides the fun of making them, my most favorite thing about these beads is the fact that there is something new to look at from every angle. That just makes them so special, I think. πŸ™‚

All beads have a solid sterling silver core, and are currently available on Etsy:

DEEP SEA Reef

LOW TIDE Reef

LOW TIDE Reef

SHELL REEF Pandora

SHELL REEF Pandora

TROPICAL Reef

TROPICAL Reef

About ccglassart

Combining fire and glass to create fine handmade lampwork glass art beads & murrini for designers, collectors, and glass artists.

Discussion

8 thoughts on “Encased Murrini European Charm Big Hole Beads

1. Your beads look awesome! I just purchased the two that my friend left….I thank her for telling me about your beads! I’m glad that you have begun to make Euro style beads for Troll bracelets. Please, keep them coming!

Posted by Frede Wellons | March 28, 2014, 6:25 pm
    • Thanks so much for your kind words and your order! I will be sure everything is all wrapped up and ready to ship out tomorrow or Monday at the very latest. Thank you again! πŸ˜€

Posted by ccglassart | March 28, 2014, 6:59 pm
  2. your beads are EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!! i would love to own your new big hole beads to wear on my trollbeads bracelet. PLEASE MAKE MORE!!!!

Posted by lori isner | March 29, 2014, 6:03 am
  3. I too am the proud possessor of two of your beautiful new beads! I’m so glad that you took up the challenge of large hole beads, and have started spreading the word to my avid Trollbead collector friends. I’m hoping to see more (though do try to breathe while working–we want you very much alive, to share your talents!) in the near future.

Posted by Joan B | March 29, 2014, 6:12 am
  4. What amazing beads! I’m in awe at how you manage to get so much beautiful detail in such a small space. My friends beat me to the punch for these beads, but I do hope you decide to make some more at some point.

Posted by Kimberly Campbell | March 29, 2014, 6:32 am
    • Thank so much for your kind comments Kimberly – These were definitely a challenge, but I really enjoyed making them so I’m sure I’ll be making more! πŸ˜€

Posted by ccglassart | March 29, 2014, 9:50 am