I am SO very proud to announce my Brand New Tutorial; “Making Murrini From REPURPOSED Cane!” for lampwork glass artists. 😀
This Video Tutorial Course Includes:
- Private portal with unlimited, on-demand, anytime access to your course materials
- Fully narrated (and captioned) video tutorial with a close up, over-the-shoulder view
- Downloadable 49 page eBook PDF with step-by-step written instructions, tips and tricks
- A Torch-Side Reference Guide
- …and lots more!!
It’s been a while since I’ve written a new tutorial – but the idea for this Video Course has been in my head for ages.
If you’re anything like me you’ve made your fair share of murrine cane over the years. Especially if you have any of my other tutorials!
Well, we all know that not every cane turns out perfect, right?
Sometimes the colors weren’t distinct enough or maybe the design got a little wonky somewhere along the way.
But whenever you make a murrine cane you’re investing a lot of effort and time – not to mention the amount of glass used that you spent good money on!
Making great murrini with crisp designs that is suitable to use in your best beads for sale is something that takes practice. And along the way you end up accumulating quite a collection of cane that you probably won’t ever use for much else.
That’s EXACTLY why I created this tutorial!
I hate wasting glass, I really do – I’m always coming up with ways to get as much use out of it as I can. So, it’s no surprise that I came up with a way to REPURPOSE all those extra murrine cane you and I have lying around – by giving them new life inside another cane to make uniquely designed murrini chips!
When I first tried this technique I was pleasantly surprised by how much detail and interest these murrini had when created with repurposed canes. The designs are so much more intricate and whimsical looking than I could ever create using ordinary plain glass rods.
Once I perfected this technique, I realized that this information would be best shared through a video lesson.
There are just so many nuances and little things that happen along the way, (including mistakes and problems that inevitably come up), throughout this cane making process that are best taught through video with personal narration and a close-up view at the torch.
What I’ve created with this Video Tutorial Course is the next best thing to you being directly next to me, looking right over my shoulder, seeing exactly what I see in real time.
Best of all, I’ve organized this entire curriculum inside a private portal where you get unlimited access to all this information on-demand anytime you want!
Topics covered in this tutorial include:
- Learn to create a 6 layer murrini design using previously made murrini cane with 16 outer stripes (that will look like 32!) without having to use an optic mold
- Choosing the best colors (I use COE 104 but you can easily adapt these tips and techniques to other COE glass)
- How to know which colors will work well together (and which colors to avoid)
- The entire process of making murrini cane from start to finish, step-by-step
- How to remove trapped air bubbles from encasing
- Getting multiple stringer lines spaced evenly and straight all the way around
- What to do when your stringer pops off unexpectedly
- Pulling the cane to a uniform diameter
- What to do with waste glass leftover from making murrini cane
- How best to apply murrini chips to your beads
- …and lots more…
Making murrini can be intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. When broken down into easy-to-follow instructions, (with color photos guiding you every step of the way), you will have all the information you need – and the confidence – to successfully create beautiful, miniature designs in murrini that will take your beads to the next level.
This tutorial is written with the intermediate to advanced glass artist in mind who is well familiar with all aspects of lampworking including working with an open flame, melting glass rods, all safety precautions, etc.
However, if you consider yourself a beginner and are thinking about purchasing this tutorial but are unsure if you will benefit from it, please contact me. I may be able to help you decide if this tutorial is right for you at your current level of experience. 🙂
Once your purchase is complete you may immediately download the Instructional PDF which will provide you with information so you can get instant access to your private portal and course materials. (A copy of this Instructional PDF will also be stored in your Etsy account under ‘Purchases’ and may be downloaded again at any time.)
There is no shipping cost since this is a digital eBook sent by email. Likewise a print-out or hard copy of this tutorial will not be mailed to you. You may print out the eBook for your own personal use only.
Because this tutorial is a digital download eBook, this item is not returnable and your purchase is non refundable.